Matala EZ Bio 20 Double Core Pre-Filter (MAT42)
Simple and effective biomechanical pre-filters improve pump
performance. Prevents pump damage and flow reduction due to debris and
clogs. Expandable units available in single or double Matala® filter
media core for superior biological filtration. Universal barbed fittings
accept 1" to 1-1/2" tubing or 1-1/2" MPT. The versatile EZ Bio Filter
can be used as a biomechanical pre-filter for circulation pumps,
filtration pumps, and water fountain pumps.
EZ Bio Filters Features
Improves Pump Efficiency:
- Prevents flow reduction due to premature clogging
- Improves energy usage by reducing pump stress caused by clogs
- Helps extend pump life
Highly Efficient Filtration:
- Multiple pore size
- Progressive density dramatically reduces clogging
- Large filter volume captures, stores, and biologically processes more organic particles
- Large specific area for beneficial bacteria colonization
Easy to Install:
- Connects to many types of pumps
- Expandable for increased filtration capacity
- Minimal maintenance - long interval before cleaning
- Clean by simply dunking in a bucket of pond water
Easy to Integrate:
- Can be placed at any distance from the pump
- Expandable to increase filtration capacity to suit your needs
- Disconnect power to pump.
- Remove EZ Bio Filter and the attached pump completely from the pond.
- To disconnect EZ Bio Filter from the attached pump: Hold the
pump in one hand and twist the EZ Bio Filter clockwise to unthread.
- To disassemble the EZ Bio Filter: a) Twist and unthread the
black top section of the EZ Bio Filter. b) Pull the Yellow and Blue
Filter Core of the bottom section away from the white, hard plastic
core. c) Push the center Blue Core out of the Yellow Core.
- Vigorously dunk the filter cores in a bucket of pond water until
they are clean. This will maintain more of the beneficial bacteria on
the filter core. Spray wash the white, hard plastic core.
- Reassemble the EZ Bio Filter: a) When completely clean, push the
Blue Core back in to the Yellow Core. b) Push the Filter Cores back
onto the white, hard plastic core. c) Twist the black top section
clockwise onto the white plastic core.
- Reattach the EZ Bio Filter onto the pump. Twist pump counterclockwise until firmly attached.
Matala BioSteps 10 Installation Manual